Experienced Pediatric Surgeon in different aspects of Pediatric Surgery especially trained in Hepatobiliarypancreatic and Laparoscopy
Able to recognize and appropriately treat a wide range of pediatric surgical conditions including:
• Neonatal surgical emergencies.
• General pediatric surgical conditions
• Pediatric urological conditions.
• Pediatric hepatobiliary pathologies including liver transplantation • Pediatric oncology.
• Pediatric trauma.
Very good command of:
• Most of laparoscopic pediatric surgical procedures including thoracoscopic procedures.
• Pediatric endoscopies including upper and lower GIT endoscopies, cystoscopy, and bronchoscopy
This post was granted after being first appointed in the University as resident in Pediatric Surgery from 2000-2003
Then an Assistant Lecturer from 2003-2006
Then a Lecturer of Pediatric Surgery from 2006-2011
Finally an Assistant Professor from 2011-2018
Senior Speciality Registrar of Pediatric Surgery
Royal Hospital for Sick Children Glasgow
European Board Of Pediatric Surgery
After passing a first part exam of MCQ and EMQ you have to pass a Viva, Clinical, and Communications skills exam in various aspects of Pediatric Surgery and Urology
After passing you get awarded a Specialist In Pediatric Surgery
Degree with Honors
Defending a thesis on Pediatric Living donor Liver transplantation in Egypt an early experience
Represents End pf Training in Egypt after which you get awarded a Consultant
Masters with Honors
Masters thesis was about LIving donor liver Transplantaion in Pediatric Age group
Graduated from Medial School with Excellence
Dr. Hesham Abdelkader MD
Pediatric HepatobiliaryPancreatic Surgeries
Choledochal Cyst excision and hepaticodudinostomy or R-Y hepaticojujenostomy